[Geany] Geany on solaris (sun studio compiler)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Jul 16 16:56:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:30:56 +0200, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 23:13:18 +0530, "S h i v  "
> <shivakumar.gn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,

> > > No, it is not ;-). But I would like to apply it if it doesn't
> > > break anything else.
> > >

> > Please do not apply the earlier one. That was not generic and not
> > suitable for applying in the mainstream code.
> The earlier one never reached the mailing list, at least in your first
> mail there was no attachment. But it doesn't matter since this time it
> worked.
>
> > I am attaching a new one for you to consider.
> > This makes the following changes
> > [...]
> >
> > With these changes if you regenerate the Makefile.in files &
> > configure script, the resulting sources should build out of the box
> > using both gcc and Sun Studio compiler.
> Thank you very much. Applied in SVN r1689.

As discussed in [1] the test for CC == gcc isn't the best idea. So we
need a saner way to detect when we are on a Solaris system or better
when we are using the Sun Studio compiler. What is CC set to when using
the Sun Studio compiler? What about the ${build} and ${target}
variables set by configure?

[1] http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany/2007-July/001346.html