[Geany] "File Saved" status bar message

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Thu Jul 12 18:12:04 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:08:30 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > [snip], you
> > might consider moving it (maybe to the far right) so it's not directly
> > after "INS" or "OVR".
>
> Isn't there enough space between INS and MOD to not interpret it as one
> word?

There is enough space. However, new users (well, english-speaking ones
I suppose) will look at it and,

* since both symbols are capitalized, and
* since they are adjacent (even though there's space between them),

they will probably take that erroneous mental shortcut and think
"insert mode" or "overwrite mode". I've been using Geany for a while
and never noticed that "MOD" or what it was for.

Anyway, it's just a tiny nit that I thought I'd mention since it was
related to the topic at hand.

---John