[Geany] "File Saved" status bar message

Jean-Philippe skateinmars at xxxxx
Thu Jul 12 16:08:28 UTC 2007

John Gabriele a écrit :
> On 7/12/07, Jean-Philippe <skateinmars at skateinmars.net> wrote:
>> John Gabriele a écrit :

>> > When I save a file, that status bar "File ... saved" message appears
>> > and doesn't go away until I hit an arrow key. I'm not seeing a one
>> > second delay anywhere.
>> I tried it and I saw you need to wait for a delay _and_ hit a key or
>> move the text cursor.
>> I think this could be better if you can wait _or_ hit a key to suppress
>> the message.

>> related
>> the

>> > Just my 2 cents, but for consistency and also for avoiding too much
>> > redundancy, I like (b).
>>
>> I also think a preference is welcome. Let me explain myself.
>> Sometimes I work with several files and I need to make some minor
>> changes like changing the charset of the file. In this case I'd like not
>> to get a confirmation message as I need to see the charset of each file.
>>
>> Sometimes I also need to make changes on a config file for example, and
>> in this case I like to get the saving confirmation message.
>
> Jean-Phillipe, are you talking about the status *bar* or the status
> *window*?
I'm talking about the status bar, where you can find informations about
the charset, current line etc.

> Seems to me that since Geany has a status window, it makes sense to
> always get useful messages in that status window, and use the status
> bar only for what it already displays by default (line, column,
> characters selected, encoding, and so on).
>
> However, since users can toggle visibility of the message window,
> maybe have the status bar display extra messages only when the message
> window is not visible?
I agree, this could be a nice solution.
Maybe with a preference with 3 choices :
- Always see the messages in status bar
- See the messages in status bar only when the message window is not
displayed
- Never see the messages in status bar