[Geany] "File Saved" status bar message

Jean-Philippe skateinmars at xxxxx
Thu Jul 12 15:17:58 UTC 2007

John Gabriele a écrit :
> On 7/12/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:57:51 -0500, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
>> <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>> I like the short(one second) display of status messages in the status
>> bar and I don't want to remove it.
>
> When I save a file, that status bar "File ... saved" message appears
> and doesn't go away until I hit an arrow key. I'm not seeing a one
> second delay anywhere.
I tried it and I saw you need to wait for a delay _and_ hit a key or
move the text cursor.
I think this could be better if you can wait _or_ hit a key to suppress
the message.

>> Anyway, I agree that the file saved
>> message isn't that useful at this point. Maybe all file action related
>> messages could be skipped.
>> So, there are three possible solutions:
>> a) just skip the file saved message in the status bar (not in the
>> status window)
>> b) skip all file action related messages in the status bar (not in the
>> status window)
>> c) add a preference to suppress all status messages in the status bar
>> (also messages about find results and similars)
>>
>> I would prefer solution a or b.
>
> Just my 2 cents, but for consistency and also for avoiding too much
> redundancy, I like (b).
I also think a preference is welcome. Let me explain myself.
Sometimes I work with several files and I need to make some minor
changes like changing the charset of the file. In this case I'd like not
to get a confirmation message as I need to see the charset of each file.

Sometimes I also need to make changes on a config file for example, and
in this case I like to get the saving confirmation message.

My 2 cents.