[Geany] "File Saved" status bar message

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jul 12 14:30:03 UTC 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:57:51 -0500, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Maybe just unchecking the option "Switch to status message list at
> > new message" in the preferences dialog will help you.
>
> No, that doesn't help. I am talking about the status bar at the
> bottom of the screen, where the line/column numbers are displayed,
> not about the status window.
I'm sorry. I didn't read your mail carefully enough :(. I thought we
are talking about the status window.
I like the short(one second) display of status messages in the status
bar and I don't want to remove it. Anyway, I agree that the file saved
message isn't that useful at this point. Maybe all file action related
messages could be skipped.
So, there are three possible solutions:
a) just skip the file saved message in the status bar (not in the
status window)
b) skip all file action related messages in the status bar (not in the
status window)
c) add a preference to suppress all status messages in the status bar
(also messages about find results and similars)

I would prefer solution a or b.