[Geany] Geany on solaris (sun studio compiler)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jul 11 15:30:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 23:13:18 +0530, "S h i v  "
<shivakumar.gn at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> > > minor patch that was required after ./configure is attached for
> > > interested folks.
> > No, it is not ;-). But I would like to apply it if it doesn't break
> > anything else.
> >

> Please do not apply the earlier one. That was not generic and not
> suitable for applying in the mainstream code.
The earlier one never reached the mailing list, at least in your first
mail there was no attachment. But it doesn't matter since this time it
worked.

> I am attaching a new one for you to consider.
> This makes the following changes
> [...]
>
> With these changes if you regenerate the Makefile.in files & configure
> script, the resulting sources should build out of the box using both
> gcc and Sun Studio compiler.
Thank you very much. Applied in SVN r1689.

Regarding sending the scintilla part upstream: you could do this but
they don't use the autotools at all and just have a manually written
makefile where CC is set to gcc. Is the CC environment variable set by
default to an appropriate compiler? At least on my system it isn't.