[Geany] Love the recent changes.

chuck ctl at xxxxx
Tue Jul 10 05:17:56 UTC 2007

Thanks to Harold for his wishlist and thanks to Enrico for implementing...

I have a wishlist item too.  jEdit has a plugin called TaskList which
inspects each file periodically (actually only at save time) to look for
special comments:  eg in C or Java types
// TODO: something
// NOTE: something
// BUG: fix this

The keywords are configurable by the user.  (I suppose the single line
comment start character(s) could be as well; depending on language.)

Anyway, the lines with these comments show up in the TaskList tab in the
 lower window.  In Geany's case it would be a new tab along with
Scribble, Compiler, etc.

In that window, then, clicking on one of the entries would take one to
that line in the source code, like a compiler error message or the "Find
Usage" function that Geany has.

I had been wanting to learn enough about GTK programming to do it
myself, but haven't had the time yet.  So I throw the idea out there...

chuck