[Geany] Wishlist pt. II

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Tue Jul 10 05:13:17 UTC 2007

On 7/9/07, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:
> Some more items to discuss... (low prio!)
>
> [snip]
>
> _File browser in sidebar_
> With a shortcut to open the location of the current file.

Looks like this is already on the todo list:
http://geany.uvena.de/Documentation/ToDo

> [snip]
>
> _READ ONLY_
> If you don't have the permission to save the opened file, indicate it in
> the title like "*file1 - READ ONLY - /usr/bin - Geany" and upon save
> (ctrl-s) open the "Save as..." dialog, instead of the tiny statusbar
> notification.

Personally, in this case, I'd rather Geany try to do what I ask and
then tell me if there's a problem (I get a beep along with the
statusbar *and* status window notification), rather than try to guess
at what I want it to do.

---John