[Geany] Wishlist pt. II

Harold Aling h.aling at xxxxx
Mon Jul 9 21:12:03 UTC 2007

Some more items to discuss... (low prio!)

_Detect filetype from first line_
Since v1.68, SciTE can detect language of file from initial #! line.

This sort of detection would also be cool for <?php or other tags. The
detection should take place when creating a new file and when opening a
file with an unknown file extension.

_File browser in sidebar_
With a shortcut to open the location of the current file.

_Hide empty symbol types in sidebar_
If a symbol has no declarations, don't show the label. This keeps the
symbol sidebar clean.

_READ ONLY_
If you don't have the permission to save the opened file, indicate it in
the title like "*file1 - READ ONLY - /usr/bin - Geany" and upon save
(ctrl-s) open the "Save as..." dialog, instead of the tiny statusbar
notification.

There was something else, but I can't remember it... Ah well, maybe I'll
even post a pt. 3 sometime!

Cheers!

-a happy Geany user-