[Geany] Geany on solaris (sun studio compiler)

S h i v shivakumar.gn at xxxxx
Mon Jul 9 17:43:18 UTC 2007

Hi Enrico,

On 7/8/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 06:57:39 +0530, "S h i v  "
> <shivakumar.gn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I have built it on Solaris Express(OpenSolaris based distro) using sun
> > studio compiler and created a Solaris SVR4 package out of it. A very
> cool. Do you want to publish the package?

Sure. Can I get some space on the geany's sf.net site !?
The package size is ~7.5MB. It is configured to install to /usr/local

If you are interested, I will provide you with a spec file (similar to
geany.spec) and a small set of steps to create a Solaris package from the
source.
This spec file and the associated readme can go into the source
distribution.

> > minor patch that was required after ./configure is attached for
> > interested folks.
> No, it is not ;-). But I would like to apply it if it doesn't break
> anything else.

Please do not apply the earlier one. That was not generic and not suitable
for applying in the mainstream code.

I am attaching a new one for you to consider.
This makes the following changes
[1] configure.in - introduce a conditional to recognize gcc (there is
supposed to be a variable GCC set to yes by autoconf itself, but this didn't
work for me and I didn't probe further)
[2] src/Makefile.am and tagmanager/Makefile.am - the gcc specific compiler
options are set only if the compiler is found to be gcc. The conditional set
in configure.in gets used here.
[3] scintilla/Makefile.am - Remove gcc hardcoding, Set LDFLAGS differently
for non-gcc (I assume sun studio here). If this is how the original
scintilla Makefile was, this part of the patch maybe input to the scintilla
team.

With these changes if you regenerate the Makefile.in files & configure
script, the resulting sources should build out of the box using both gcc and
Sun Studio compiler.

I have tested it using gcc as well as Sun Studio compiler on Solaris
Express.

best regards
Shiv