[Geany] Wishlist...

Harold Aling h.aling at xxxxx
Mon Jul 9 12:46:39 UTC 2007

Dear list,

I have gathered some wishes/encountered some bugs(?) during my pleasant use of Geany:

_Tag Definition_
If i use "Go to Tag Definition" on a function, Geany jumps to the tag definition in one of the open files. I'd like to have a 'Back' option somewhere to return to the file+line where I've clicked on "Tag Definition".

_Search toolbar_
If I type something in the find toolbar, I'd like to be visually notified if the search string doesn't exist. Changing the background of the searchbox to red would be cool (just like Firefox' find-as-you-type search toolbar)

Can I assign ctrl-f to the search toolbar (instead of the Find dialog) ?

_Open files versus tabs_
Displaying a file by clicking on it's tab puts the cursor in that file. Switching files with the "open files" sidebar doesn't place the cursor into that file, so a keypress brings the previous file to the front.

_Symbol autocompletion_
Although the syntax of all known PHP functions are defined in php.tags, the completion only assists on the function name, not the description and/or what parameters it requires.

Cheers!

-H-