[Geany] Geany on solaris (sun studio compiler)

S h i v shivakumar.gn at xxxxx
Sun Jul 8 01:27:39 UTC 2007

I came across geany recently, was pretty much impressed by it.

I have built it on Solaris Express(OpenSolaris based distro) using sun
studio compiler and created a Solaris SVR4 package out of it. A very
minor patch that was required after ./configure is attached for
interested folks.

- Find in files does not work by default since Solaris /usr/bin/grep
doesn't support the gnu options. /usr/sfw/bin/ggrep is to be used on
Solaris Express. But this was easily configurable via
Edit->Preferences.

Thanks for the wonderful tool.

best regards
Shiv