[Geany] tuning Geany key combos

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jul 5 18:26:42 UTC 2007

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 18:04:56 +0200, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 20:20:45 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 7/4/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sounds good. So, we remove the default keybindings for
> > > comment/uncomment and let them undefined and we assign Ctrl-E to
> > > toggle comment. OK?
> >
> > Sounds good to me. I'm interested to see how the new toggle comment
> > behaviour ('//~' and '#~') works out in practice.
> Me too ;-). I'm going to start implementing it.
Done in SVN r1668 (also fixed some selection issues).

The comment toggling feature seems to work but of course I probably put
some bugs in the code ;-).
Anyway, it is a bit different from Scite's behaviour because I wanted
to keep the current comment/uncomment (without toggling) functionality.
Scite only use comment toggling and so they use just //~ as the comment
characters. We still use only // and add the ~ only when comment
toggling. So, ordinary uncomment will work although the ~ will remain.
The char '~' is hardcoded at the moment, could be changed at compile
time in src/geany.h (GEANY_TOGGLE_MARK). Should it be configurable for
each filetype? Is there any need for this or is there any language
which uses '~' as a single comment character (which would obviously
break the comment toggling)?