[Geany] Re: tuning Geany key combos

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Thu Jul 5 05:16:21 UTC 2007

Then on 7/4/07, I wrote:
> Also, since now Ctrl-G would be freed up, even though I know you
> prefer F3 for "find again" (and Shift-F3 for "find previous"), it's
> pretty standard to use Ctrl-G and Shift-Ctrl-G for that (Mac OS X,
> KDE, and Gnome). MS Windows is the only one who uses F3 for it. And
> Ctrl-G really is easier to hit than an F_key without looking away from
> the keyboard. Shift-F3 is even harder to hit. :) {ducks}

Well, with Ctrl-G and Shift-Ctrl-G set up to do find next/previous, to
get incremental search working nicely, I just:

* changed "switch to toolbar search field" from F7 to Ctrl-T
(incremen*t*al search)
* changed "back to editor window" from F2 to Shift-Ctrl-T

and it seems to work quite nicely for me now. Thanks.

---John