[Geany] Variable Completion

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jan 27 15:44:13 UTC 2007

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 00:36:45 -0500, Symgeosis <symgeosis at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > What you are searching for should be Ctrl+Space which shows a list
> > of known function declarations. This list should also open when you
> > start typing the beginning of the function name(it starts at the
> > fourth character).
> Auto-complete lists all of the GNOME devel stuff that I have
> installed (whether or not I include them in my source), however, it
> doesn't work for my own local variables that I have included in my
> test program, in this instance a simple integer variable. I had
> already tried both ctrl-enter and ctrl-space, I just assumed that the
> behavior would be the same as that of Scite. Thanks for the
> suggestion though, it's appreciated none the less.
> > If this doesn't work too, please give us some more information
> > (mainly a piece of your code to test).
> >
> My code really isn't worth posting; I was using a simple "Hello
> World"-esque program just to compare various editors. However, I have
> included it per your request.
And it helps to get nearer to the problem. You are talking about
variables in functions. I was talking about function names and *global*
variables. Geany doesn't support local variables like BobDole in your
example. Is this really useful?

Maybe someone want to write a patch to get local variables to work but
as a separate auto complete list(like the macro list). I won't wok on
this, sorry.

regards,

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de