[Geany] Variable Completion

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jan 26 09:48:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:09:19 -0500, Symgeosis <symgeosis at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

> I noticed that it uses scintilla. When I use Scite I hit Ctrl-Enter
> to receive a list of possible candidates for completing my word (in
> this case, a variable that I created in C++). However, when I try
> this in the default package that comes with Ubuntu Edgy, the most
> recent release, or the version in Subversion I get an empty list. I
Ctrl+Enter gives you a list of known global variables and preprocessor
macros. From the docs, section keybindings:
"Shows a list of available macros and variables in the workspace."
What you are searching for should be Ctrl+Space which shows a list of
known function declarations. This list should also open when you start
typing the beginning of the function name(it starts at the fourth
character).
If this doesn't work too, please give us some more information(mainly
a piece of your code to test).

> p.s. admins, hope I didn't spam you too much with my canceled
> waiting-to-be-moderated e-mails. This is my first post to a mailing
> list and as such, I'm not exactly mailing list savy. Sorry about that.
No problem, your cancel requests seemed to work because I got no mail
from the mailing list software.