[Geany] Format of Window Titles

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Thu Jan 25 10:04:28 UTC 2007

Although I don't always agree with everything the Gnome HIG recommends,
I think these conventions have become fairly standard...

<quote>

Use Filename as the window title for document-based applications.
Do not use the full pathname, as the filename alone is easier to
distinguish amongst other open window titles.

If you plan to include your application's name in the title
of a primary window, use the following format:

  DocumentName - ApplicationName

This will ensure that the document name appears in limited
space situations such as the system window list.

When a document has pending changes, insert an asterisk (*)
at the beginning of the window title. For example,
*Unsaved-Document

</quote>

Ref:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/windows-primary.html

Of course it's only a suggestion, surely there are reasons why some
programs might have different needs - But if you want it, here is a
patch that follows the guidelines...

 - Jeff