[Geany] Possible Geany bug - not picking up structs or namespaces

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Jan 8 20:48:47 UTC 2007

Just forwarded.

regards,
Enrico

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 19:35 +0100, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 19:23:38 +1300, Andy Elvey
> <andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > The symbols tab doesn't seem to be showing the namespaces or structs
> > in a file. You get the little yellow arrow next to "main" and also
> > for macros, but I haven't seen it for a file with namespaces and
> > structs in it. This is not a problem for me at all - doesn't even
> > rate as "minor" on my scale!  Just thought I'd mention it for
> > others. I can send a screenshot if wanted.
> We are talking about C++ files, ok?
> Then the following code snippet should insert an entry in the symbol
> list with the label "foo"
> ----------
> namespace foo
> {
> 	bar
> };
> ----------
> whereas the following snippet doesn't have an entry:
> ----------
> using namespace std;
> ----------
>
> Do you agree? If not, a screenshot and the file would be helpful.
>
> > Oh, one thing I was wondering - where did the name "Geany" come
> > from? I know of "genies" (as in what Wikipedia says "loosely
> > translates as "ghost" "). Maybe there's a reason for the different
> > spelling? Doesn't matter really, just being curious.... :)
> To make it short, please read
> http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany/2006-July/000190.html ;-).
>
> > Just want to say again - Geany *rocks!*.  Just a *beautiful* app -
> > cleanly laid out, an absolute breeze to use!
> Thanks, that's why I started to write it.
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

 Ahh... you're right - tried it with the code snippet above, and it
works.  I'm sorry for the noise... :-(

( ... and thanks for the bit on the origin of Geany's name! )

- Andy