[Geany] Possible Geany bug - not picking up structs or namespaces

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at xxxxx
Mon Jan 8 06:23:38 UTC 2007

Hi all -

 Being new to Geany, I'm not sure if this (possible) bug has been
mentioned, so thought I'd mention it.

The symbols tab doesn't seem to be showing the namespaces or structs in
a file. You get the little yellow arrow next to "main" and also for
macros, but I haven't seen it for a file with namespaces and structs in
it. This is not a problem for me at all - doesn't even rate as "minor"
on my scale!  Just thought I'd mention it for others. I can send a
screenshot if wanted.

Oh, one thing I was wondering - where did the name "Geany" come from?
I know of "genies" (as in what Wikipedia says "loosely translates as
"ghost" "). Maybe there's a reason for the different spelling? Doesn't
matter really, just being curious.... :)

Just want to say again - Geany *rocks!*.  Just a *beautiful* app -
cleanly laid out, an absolute breeze to use!

Bye for now -
- Andy