[Geany] Geany is excellent! Well done!

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at xxxxx
Sat Jan 6 08:02:27 UTC 2007

Hi all -

 I'm a first-timer here, and have just been "blown away" by how
**excellent** Geany is! And *fast*!

I just *love* the nice clean, *simple* layout. Not like something like
say, KDevelop which has a few dozen buttons and is really cluttered and
impossible to use.

Up until now, the nicest IDE I'd come across was one in my distant-past
Windows-using days - Dev-C++. Very nice.

Now that I've been on Linux for a couple of years, I tried OpenLDev, but
it always seemed to have glitches here and there. Never quite worked as
it should. So, I downloaded Geany about 10 mins ago and have hit the
jackpot! I'm sticking with Geany - keep up the great work, devs! :-)

- Andy