[Geany] Autocompletion for PASCAL not case sensitive

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Feb 25 17:36:56 UTC 2007

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:48:18 +0100, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

Hi,

> > using GEANY to write some PASCAL code I wonder if it might be
> > possible to make the code auto completion non case sensitive. At the
> > moment it only works when the statements are lower case, not when
> > they are upcase.
> How should Geany know how you want to write a command? I know camel
> case is quite useful for longer words but look at the following
> example: You start typing "writ" and Geany suggests you
> "write", "writeln", "writeport" and some more.
> So, now you like to choose "writeLn", me likes "writeln" and another
> guy prefers "WriteLN". So, what to choose?
> We could make the detection case insensitive but if you choose an item
> from the list it will be written as it is in the list because nobody
> knows in which way the current user likes to format the word.
> As I said, we could make the detection case insensitive but it doesn't
> solve your problem and would slow down typing a little bit because the
> string to be compared with available keywords have to be converted
> first in lower(or resp. upper) case. Probably it wouldn't hurt anyone
> but it is necessary?
I should reread my mails before sending...forgot to mention something:
Just an idea: you could modify the file data/pascal.tags(it is
installed in $prefix/share/geany) and replace the lower case keywords
with the camel case variants or whatever you prefer. The problem is,
you have to keep this file over updates of Geany.