[Geany] Autocompletion for PASCAL not case sensitive

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Feb 25 16:48:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:48:57 +0100, Dirk Weber <dietrich-weber at web.de>
wrote:

Hi,

> using GEANY to write some PASCAL code I wonder if it might be
> possible to make the code auto completion non case sensitive. At the
> moment it only works when the statements are lower case, not when
> they are upcase.
How should Geany know how you want to write a command? I know camel
case is quite useful for longer words but look at the following example:
You start typing "writ" and Geany suggests you
"write", "writeln", "writeport" and some more.
So, now you like to choose "writeLn", me likes "writeln" and another
guy prefers "WriteLN". So, what to choose?
We could make the detection case insensitive but if you choose an item
from the list it will be written as it is in the list because nobody
knows in which way the current user likes to format the word.
As I said, we could make the detection case insensitive but it doesn't
solve your problem and would slow down typing a little bit because the
string to be compared with available keywords have to be converted
first in lower(or resp. upper) case. Probably it wouldn't hurt anyone
but it is necessary?

> ps
> Schreibt/liest eigentlich hier jemand mit, der auf den Gebrauch der
> Deutschen Sprache mehr oder weniger zwingend angewiesen ist? Falls
Question(translated): is here anybody on the list who understands only
German?
Answer: No, so writing posts in English and German isn't necessary.
Just write English and all should be able to understand you.