[Geany] Status and direction ?

Bo Lorentsen bl at xxxxx
Sat Feb 24 22:31:59 UTC 2007

Hi ...

I have just found this nice little IDE project, and I like the basic
idea of a simple and fast IDE in GTK2.

But I have some questions about your future plans.

In the 0.11 code (from SVN) there is the start of a project manager but
it seems a bit primitive, what is the plan for this project manager ?

Have anyone thought about making it all script able in f.ex. python (or
lua :-)), to make it possible for the script to handle compiler output,
generate Makefiles (from project lists), or make custom script
manipulation ( and in the mean time keep the overhead down) ? I know
this is not a new emacs, but scripting is a very strong feature if done
properly :-)

I realize that if this have to remain a small application, it need to
keep features (and init time) down, but this could be some nice and
strong features, that only cost if used.

I am looking forward to see how this project unfold :-)

Regards

/BL