[Geany] Project additions to Geany

pjgl2 at .eng.cam.ac.uk pjgl2 at xxxxx
Mon Feb 19 19:59:27 UTC 2007

> > I have been down loading the SVN tarballs and seeing that the Project
> > additions are beginning to be added. As indicated in a previous email
> > I have an interest in using Geany as a IDE for our undergraduates,
> > hopefully giving a single editor with a simple gui that can be used,
> > at least for the first year or so, for a number of different
> > languages, typically C/C++/Assembler/Octave/Matlab/Basic and possibly
> > Latex. One thing I am interested in doing is running c/c++ both
> > locally and cross compiled and wondered if anything like this planned
> > for your project management, i.e. the understanding of different
> > target directories for different architectures.
> I'm not sure what you mean. Can you go into more detail?

 e.g. We tend to write robot control programs on a PC running Linux,
 so during the development stage we get the students to compile and
 text using GCC for x86.

 Once satistified the programme is working correctly we get the
 students to recompile for the ARM based microcontroller
 target. Rather than overwrite the binaries we set an option "Run on
 Remote" rather than "Run on Local" which uses the GCC ARM cross
 compiler and saves the binaries to a different sub-directory in bin,
 e.g. project/bin/arm rather than project/bin/local.

> >   Also I noticed that the documentation seems to be a 1-2 of
> > verssions behind and wondered one what timescales it might be
> Really?
> Look at http://geany.uvena.de/manual/, there is the manual for 0.10.
> Only the HTML files in SVN are a bit outdated(they are from the 0.10
> release) but the file geany.docbook is up to date.
> Where did you find an older version of the document?

http://geany.uvena.de/files/geany-0.8.pdf
http://geany.uvena.de/files/geany.txt
 Found in http://geany.uvena.de/Documentation/Manual

Sorry I had been downloading the PDF, so I could print it. I realise the HTML is at 0.10

Regards

  Peter

I hope this comes through from eng.cam.ac.uk, it looks as though the
main server is stripping the eng. prefix.