[Geany] looking for these features

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Mon Feb 19 00:01:26 UTC 2007

On 2/18/07, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 02/17/2007 06:34:54 PM, John Gabriele wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > I suppose the original point I was trying to get at was that the popup
> > help should probably explicitly say that Line Wrapping has to do with
> > *display*, and not actually putting in newline characters for the user
> > (like an Auto Newline feature would do).
>
> I agree that the term is not completely clear, but IME most editors use
> it consistently to mean wrap the text to the width of the window,
> without linebreaks.
> How about 'Line Breaking' to describe inserting newlines?

It's tough to find the right words. "Line breaking", "line wrapping",
and "auto newline" all sound pretty similar to me. As long as the
popup help is clear about the difference between the features (ex.:
altering display vs. altering your text, or toggling a feature on/off
vs. a one-shot altering of your text), I'm sure any names you choose
would be fine.

I really like Geany's popup help, btw. :)

Thanks,
---John