[Geany] looking for these features

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Sun Feb 18 07:23:39 UTC 2007

I think just adding something like the "Filter Selection" option of NEdit
would go a long way to solving issues like this. You can select some text,
pipe it into an external command or shell script, and replace the selection
with the output of the command.

For instance, you could use something like this perl script to emulate
the "Justify Paragraph" option:
 http://directory.fsf.org/all/rewrap.html

But "Filter Selection"  would also allow for all sorts of other user-specific
filters, without adding a lot of bloat to Geany, almost like a sort of "plugin"
or "macro"

 - Jeff

PS: Sorry if you got this twice, John - I still haven't gotten accustomed the
geany list  not munging the mail headers. All other lists I subscribe to use
a Reply-To:<list> header.