[Geany] looking for these features

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Fri Feb 16 21:38:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm curious if Geany has (or has plans to add) the following features:

* Can I insert text from file. I use this for various template
snippets I have hanging around. I tried just dropping one of these
snippet files into ~/.geany/templates, but it doesn't automatically
show up in "Edit --> Insert Comments". I think it would be nice to
just have a simple "Edit --> Insert Text From File" menu item.

* Can "Construct autocompletion" be customized?

* Does Geany have a justify paragraph (aka "fill paragraph") feature?
It would be sometimes helpful to be able to justify to whatever the
"long line marker" is set to.

Also, an idea: it might be more clear to rename "Line Wrapping" (both
in the Document menu and Edit --> Prefs --> Editor tab) to "Display
lines wrapped". Hmm... Is there a separate term for when the editor
inserts newlines automatically for you as you type long lines? Maybe
just distinguish between these two sorts of features in the popup
help?

Thanks,
---John