[Geany] Adding New Languages/Filetypes

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Feb 13 16:44:28 UTC 2007

On 06 Feb 2007 05:56:22 +0000, "P.J.G. Long" <pjgl2 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi,

sorry for the late answer.

> >> Thank you for the info. Initially i am interested in adding BBC
> >> BASIC, MATLAB/OCTAVE, and ARM assembler, do you know of anyone else
> >In Geany there is an assembler filetype, no idea how compatible it is
> >to ARM but maybe it is at least usuable. And for Basic and Matlab
> >Scintilla lexers exist, so adding them should not be the problem.
>
>   Thank you for the pointers, I now have a system that mostly gives
> Octave, Brandy/BBC Basic and assembler functionality. However I do
> seem to have had to change quite a number of files to get it to work.
> I am not sure if they all had to be changed as some seem to have
> similar information and occasionally functionality seems to be hard
> coded where perhaps it should be in a configuration file. Am I
> correct or have I again missed something obvious.
Can you go into more detail? What things should be in a configuration
file?
And yes, there are several things which are hardcoded and should not
be. But changing the code would take much time we don't have at the
moment. But perhaps we will change this in the future.

> On another tack, is there a simple way of switching/docking the
> status and terminal window pane to be side-by-side with the edit
> window? In some circumstances it would be nice to have a longer
> visible history in the terminal window while seeing the source. I
> know a separate window can be used, but in teaching there is
> sometimes an advantage of limiting the number of independent windows
> on the screen
Not yet. Perhaps this will change in the future.