[Geany] code completion on fc6

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Feb 4 17:05:46 UTC 2007

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 17:55:19 +0100, Frank Lanitz <linux at partysoke.de>
wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Zitat von nn101 <nn101 at aapt.net.au>:
>
> > I am using Geany (0.10) on Fedora Core 6 to edit (wx)python scripts
> > but don't know how to get the 'code completion' component to show.
> >
> > I imagine 'code completion' activates a small pop-up scrollable list
> > that appears near the cursor after a few letters have been typed,
> > and lists syntax that may be appropriate for the word that has been
> > entered. Unfortunately I don't know how to activate this feature on
> > my system.
> >
> > Can someone tell me how to show a code completion window when
> > editing (wx)python scripts ?
>
> Right now, there is no autocompletion support for Python in Geany.
> To activate it, we need to create a list of methods and functions. If
> I remeber correctly, list should look like
>
> name_of_method | return_value | input |
Not really. The format is
function name|return type|argument list|description(currently unused)
But such a list doesn't exist for Python or wxPython and it isn't that
easy because when using overloaded methods only the first alternative
would be displayed.

But generally, auto completion of methods and classes defined in your
code should work.
The following code should produce(when saving) a symbol list on the
sidebar:
class foobar:
	def doSomething():

You should have a class "foo" and a method "foobar.doSomething". If you
then start typing "doSom" somehwere in this file, a list should open
where "doSomething" is selectable.