Fwd: [Geany] [very low priority] Geany magic lamp icon...

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at xxxxx
Fri Feb 2 19:10:14 UTC 2007

And again I answered the old poster instead of answering to the list.
Sorry folks, I just can't get used to this, this is the only mail list
that Gmail behaves like this to me.

Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexandre Moreira <alexandream at gmail.com>
Date: 02/02/2007 16:26
Subject: Re: [Geany] [very low priority] Geany magic lamp icon...
To: Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>

2007/2/2, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 21:59:30 +0100, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I discovered Geany a few days ago through a Xfce mailing list. I
> > instantly dropped Scite for it, but I seem to have some difficulties
> > finding geany on the taskbar... *embarrassed*
> >
> > Not intended to offense the original artist: The magic lamp is almost
> Hehe, no fear. I don't know the artist, the icon is taken from a
> collection released under Public Domain.
>
> > invisible on lighter themes so only a cloud with some red dots make
> > the icon... An outline or some kind of shadow would do real miracles
> If anyone feels like playing on this, just do it and send your results
> here. I have absolutely no autistic talent ;-).

First of all, don't laugh :)

I know this is crappy, but I figured that, after my failed attempt,
someone could want to have a crappy version to improve on, so I (dare
I say ?) draw this on Inkscape. The colors are awful and the shape is
not that good either, but I think it is a start for whoever wants to
create a new svg icon for Geany.

There it goes, hold your laughs, hehe

** Disclaimer -- the use of protective eye gear is encouraged before
looking at this awful piece of "art".

Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.