[Geany] geanylua problem

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Dec 30 13:52:17 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:24:46 -0600, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2007 4:32 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>
> wrote:
>
> > To avoid future problems it's probably a good idea to use the
> > macros in plugins/pluginmacros.h.
>
> Okay, I am converting geanylua over to use the "pluginmacros.h" file,
> but I see something that looks a little bit strange:
>
> src/document.h:71
>   extern GArray *doc_array;
> plugins/pluginmacros.h:31
>   #define doc_array geany_data->doc_array
Plugins don't have direct access to the doc_array of document.h
(except they "fetch" the pointer explicitly). But plugins can acces the
doc_array via the geany_data structure and therefore the doc_array
macro exists. Without the macro there will be many undefined references
to doc_array because the doc_array from document.h isn't available for
plugins.

Maybe it is a bit confusing because of the same names for the
variable, field name and the macro but it works ;-).