[Geany] Problem compiling 0.12 with gcc 4.1.2

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at xxxxx
Sat Dec 22 16:44:07 UTC 2007

Frank Lanitz wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:57:11 +0100
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:48:36 +0100, Andreas Tscharner
>> <andy at vis.ethz.ch> wrote:

>>> Are you sure, that your hardware is OK?
>>> I have seen such errors just before my processor died...
>>>
>> Yes or it might be your RAM.
>> Try compiling a kernel(2.6.xx), this should do any gcc and if not
>> consider running memtest86 on your machine to verify your RAM.
>>

> Good idea. But keep in mind, if memtest finds any failure, your RAM is
> really broken. If it doesn't find any, it doesn't mean on the other hand
> that your RAM is really OK.
>
> Regards,
> Frank

After noticing some other anomalies including a total lockup of the
machine, I ran memtest86 and indeed it found errors. I have ordered some
new SIMMs. Good excuse for an upgrade to more RAM! I'll update the list
when I've tried it.

Thanks for the advice.

Bob S.