[Geany] Problem with make?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Dec 17 15:05:16 UTC 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:39:11 +0000, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:18:13 +0100
> Thomas Jensen <tj at fabel.dk> wrote:

> > > No problem, the important information(see above) was printed in
> > > English. You are just missing the gettext package. Next versions
> > > of Geany will abort the configure script with an appropiate error
> > > message. Run something like:
> > > sudo apt-get install gettext-base
> > > and make should work afterwards.
> > >
> > Thank you for taken the time to help me. But I am sorry, that's not
> > the problem. gettext is already installed.
> >
> > It looks like there is an extra space between "&&" and "-o $file
> > be.po". Could that be the problem?
>
> I don't think so. This is a known issue and is related to gettext.
>
> Do you have the msgfmt binary? (try 'which msgfmt' in xterm)
>
> I don't have Ubuntu but in Dapper it seems msgfmt is provided by the
> gettext package, not gettext-base. Also if you installed it after
Yes, this was my bad. Sorry. While writing the answer I used
packages.ubuntu.com to find the package which contains "msgfmt" but by
accident I searched for gettext instead of msgfmt.
So again, do
sudo apt-get install gettext
and then again
./configure
in the directory with the Geany sources and it should work.
Thanks Nick.