[Geany] Make all and save

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Sun Dec 16 22:37:54 UTC 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 8:38 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:42:59 -0600, "Jeff Pohlmeyer" wrote:

> > It seems like this could be a user preference?

> Do we really need this? Yet another dialog?
> Why not just pressing Ctrl-Shift-s (or whatever Save all is bound to)
> or pressing the toolbar icon for Save all?

No, I don't think we really "need" it - I guess you would want to weigh the
(perceived) gain against the difficulty of implementing and documenting
it, plus the additional bloat to geany itself.

( For that matter, I could do something similar with a few lines of Lua.  :)

> >        [Save All]    [Save Each]    [Cancel]

> What's the difference between Save All and Save Each?

"Save All" just saves everything that needs saved in one shot.
"Save Each" loops through the unsaved files with another confirmation
for each one, like "save file.one?" "save file.two?" ...
(Probably overkill actually, most people would either want all or none.)

 - Jeff