[Geany] Couple of small patches

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Dec 16 16:59:21 UTC 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:00:40 +0000, "Catalin Marinas"
<catalin.marinas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14/12/2007, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:15:47 +0000, "Catalin Marinas"
> > <catalin.marinas at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I do this already but with 30-40 files opened, the list gets
> > > pretty big and is unsorted, making it difficult to quickly find a
> > > file. To be easier, I added the "move tab first/last" key
> > > bindings so that I keep the files I need mostly at the beginning.
> > > I open many of the files
> > Ok I got it. Choose two unused keybindings and we go ahead.
>
> What about:
>
> Alt-Ins and Alt-Del
At least Xfce users would be disapointed by these because Alt-Delete
removes a workspace, Alt-Insert adds one. Removing whole workspaces
unintentionally can be annoying ;-).

> Alt-Shift-PgUp and Alt-Shift-PgDn
Alt-Shift-PgDn hides the current window on Xfce.

> Alt-Ctrl-PgUp and Alt-Ctrl-PgDn
Alt-Ctrl-PgDn switches to the next workspace on Xfce.

> Any preference? I'm more inclined to the second but no strong
> preference.
I'm not sure whether and how other window managers use the above
suggestions but at least xfwm4(window manager of Xfce) uses the above
ones.
I added the actions but let them undefined by default (SVN r2104). So,
anyone who wants to use them can bind them to any key combos he likes.