[Geany] Problem with make?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Dec 16 16:11:12 UTC 2007

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:14:50 +0100, Thomas Jensen <tj at fabel.dk> wrote:

Hi,

> I could run ./configure without problems, but make returned errors.
> If I run make again, it says:
>
> thomas at x21:~/download/geany-0.12$ sudo make
there is no need to run make as root(by sudo), run make as user and
only run "make install" as root via sudo afterwards.

> make[2]: Går til katalog '/home/thomas/download/geany-0.12/po'
> file=`echo be | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
>           && rm -f $file &&  -o $file be.po
> /bin/sh: -o: not found

> Well, I am sorry about the dansih words. "Fejl" is error in danish.
No problem, the important information(see above) was printed in
English. You are just missing the gettext package. Next versions of
Geany will abort the configure script with an appropiate error message.
Run something like:
sudo apt-get install gettext-base
and make should work afterwards.