[Geany] Re: Couple of small patches

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Dec 14 16:33:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:43:53 +0000, "Catalin Marinas"
<catalin.marinas at gmail.com> wrote:

> snip
> The indentation is done with spaces rather than a combination of
> spaces and tabs. I find this more useful since it doesn't break the
I like this feature and I think we should add it. But before, please
change the code so that it respects the document->use_tabs setting.
Inserting only spaces is a no go, I prefer to use tabs for indentation.
You (and many other people) like to indent only with spaces, therefore
there is an option to choose whether to use tabs or not. Your code
should take care of this. When not using tabs, simply add only spaces,
a mix of tabs and spaces if the user has chosen to use tabs.
I didn't have a look at it but get_whitespace() might be useful.