[Geany] Couple of small patches

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Dec 14 16:28:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:15:47 +0000, "Catalin Marinas"
<catalin.marinas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14/12/2007, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:31:33 +0000, "Catalin Marinas"
> > <catalin.marinas at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The first one is support for "move document first/last" via
> > > <Alt>-Home and <Alt>-End. I end up opening tens of files and
> > > navigation becomes
> > Alt-Home and Alt-End are already used by Scintilla, see
> > http://geany.uvena.de/manual/index.html#scintilla-keyboard-commands.
>
> I didn't know but what does "Go to start of display line" do for
> Alt-Home (I would have to re-compile Geany to find out :-)). It sounds
Er, why?

> similar to what simple Home does.
Similar but not the same. Alt-Home is a dumb Home ;-). To be more
exactly, pressing Home puts the cursor at the first non-whitespace
character. When pressing it again, it puts the cursor to the very first
column of the line. Alt-Home always put the cursor at the very first
column.

> > > really difficult (and I don't like using the mouse). With these
> > > key bindings, I can easily move tabs I use most often to the
> > > beginning and quickly switch between them with the context menu
> > > key. Ideally, a pop-up with features for easy file selection
> > > using the keyboard (similar to the tag completion in the editor
> > > window) would be best but
> > Try pressing the Menu key(the key left to the right Ctrl key on
> > Windows keyboards) or if you don't have it, use Shift-F10.
>
> I do this already but with 30-40 files opened, the list gets pretty
> big and is unsorted, making it difficult to quickly find a file. To be
> easier, I added the "move tab first/last" key bindings so that I keep
> the files I need mostly at the beginning. I open many of the files
Ok I got it. Choose two unused keybindings and we go ahead.