[Geany] Smarty Support

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Dec 9 17:17:50 UTC 2007

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 14:24:05 +0100, Javier Vilarroig
<javier.vilarroig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
> 	First of all I want to congratulate the developers for doing
> that nice IDE environment. I love it!! I have been trying some other
> programs and that's the better. Thanks for giving us this marvelous
> program. :)
Thank you!

> 	Does exist a way to support editing Smarty templates on
> Geany? By now I'm using HTML as file type, but gives me some problems.
Which?

> 	If it doesn't exist I volunteer to work on it, but then I
> will need some pointers on where to start looking :)
To highlight the smarty parts within HTML code, we'll need a Scintilla
lexer for it. I found a discussion[1] on this but it is over a year old
and it seems there was no progress since then.

Basic information on how to start coding for Geany can be found in the
file HACKING(included in the source distribution and available at [2]).
For further information and questions, just ask here.

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/scintilla-interest@lyra.org/msg01993.html
[2]
http://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/geany/trunk/HACKING?revision=2029