[Geany] vte hazard

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Wed Dec 5 18:08:55 UTC 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 9:19 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> I'm not sure at all whether the way I did it in the patch is good,
> whether we should it in this way or whether there is any better way(I
> hope so).

Here is another idea -
This patch issues a {HOME} escape sequence before "typing" the command,
and then adds a " #" comment marker after it, so anything already on the
command line becomes a comment.

It seems to work for me, but I'm not sure if  the "\e[H" escape
sequence is valid
for all keyboards.

It also won't work unless the {HOME} key is bound to  "beginning-of-line"
(I assume that it is for most humans).

Note that I only changed for vte_cwd() but the same idea should work also
for build_run_cmd() in build.c

 - Jeff