[Geany] Compiler output interpretation

Jon Senior jon at xxxxx
Wed Aug 15 10:21:00 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Just start using Geany and I've encountered a problem that I've had with other IDEs in the past. I use Apache Ant to manage Java builds and it prints the compiler output in the following format:

[javac] <Full Path to File + extension>:<line n°>: <error>

ie. It prefaces the normal javac output with "[javac]". With the previous IDE I used, it was possible to define the regexp that was used to interpret the compiler output. Ultimately this is something that should fall under the project management, but for the time being an option in the filetypes.<language> file would be great.

I'm not much of a C coder and haven't taken a look at the Geany source, so I don't know how hard this would be to achieve. If it's any grief at all it's probably best put direct into project management support as that improves.

Otherwise I like it so far. Simple enough to work with and seems pretty flexible. More project management would be nice, but I appreciate that that's an ongoing thing.

One idea for projects (Don't know if this has already been suggested) would be to have project templates which include menu definitions and template project folders. An example would be an autoconf / automake project which started with default configure.in etc. files.

Thanks again. I'll try and take a look at the code at some point, but C tends to leave me with a queasy feeling. ;-)

Jon