[Geany] Plugin Events Patch

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Aug 7 11:41:09 UTC 2007

On 08/02/2007 02:25:46 PM, blackdog wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I've attached a patch for the last implementation that Nick
> suggested.
> This is just in case the signals idea doesn't pan out, or it's not
> implemented due to time issues etc. If we know that a plugin
> implements
> on_sci_notify the geany implementation can be changed later without
> affecting anything else - so maybe this patch can suffice in the
> meantime?

Thanks for the patch, I'm not sure about applying it yet but I'll sort
something out in the next few days. I think a clean signals
implementation would mean that Geany wouldn't lookup on_sci_notify()
itself.

> The one issue in the patch is I'm calling
> on_plugin_notification from on_editor_notification, maybe it should
> be
> a proper callback from g_signal_connect, just like
> on_editor_notification?

To me it seems better to do it like that (maybe more efficient).

> Also, I added a sci_show_autocomplete in this patch too, as it's
> needed
> for my plugin.

I think that because most filetypes don't need special autocompletion I
don't think it should be in the plugin API, at least for now. Maybe if
several plugins want it then it can be added. But I've added
scintilla_send_message to the API, so you can copy the wrapper function
or use it unwrapped.

Regards,
Nick