[Geany] the fine manual

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Aug 3 16:07:39 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:24:46 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 8/2/07, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> > On 08/01/2007 05:13:27 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > > On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:57:40 -0400, "John Gabriele"
> > > <jmg3000 at gmail.com>

> > > manual
> >
> > Did it take long to convert? Seems like a lot of work.
>
> Yeah, took a good part of a day. A lot of copying/pasting,
> reformatting, proofing, and using the Shift-Alt-P Ctrl-1 key combo
Didn't you started on the generated geany.txt? I guess this would had
been much easier than converting from geany.docbook?

> > Also can it generate PDFs?
>
> I think, currently, you need to get to pdf via LaTeX::
>
>     $ rst2latex geany.txt geany.tex
>     $ pdflatex geany.tex
"jw -b pdf geany.docbook" (the way we create the pdf files at the
moment) does nearly the same. Generated PDFs from docbook source files
are always intermediately converted into LaTeX. So, no big difference.

> Andreas wrote:
> > I like the all-in-one page documentation. It's easier for
> > downloading...
>
> Me too. Also, navigation works well, since you can click on all the
> headings and be brought back up to the table of contents.
But it can be annoying when reading a long documentation with lots of
text. There are still people out there without broadband connections
(like me at the moment). But now, our documentation isn't that big ;-).