[Geany] the fine manual

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Wed Aug 1 14:59:36 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Andy Elvey <andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 21:57 -0400, John Gabriele wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > So, after having looked at many different doc markup schemes in the
> > meantime (at things like Texinfo, Perl POD, Perl 6 Pod, TeX, LaTeX,
> > Markdown, Textile, and so on), I finally found something [snip]
>
> You could try what Boost::Spirit uses for its docs - QuickBook, I
> believe it's called. Haven't actually used it myself, but it looks very
> straightforward.

Hi Andy,

Yeah, there's a lot of markup tools out there. Some are easier to
read, but are more limited. Others give you lots and lots of easy
markup syntax, but that syntax can interfere too much with your main
text. Some have better (or more) format conversion tools than others.
They all also have varying levels of community support, maturity,
extensibility, and ease of use. I settled on reST for my own docs
because it provides a pretty good mix.

---John