[Geany] feature request: expand text view

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Mon Apr 30 18:12:26 UTC 2007

One thing about IDE's is how much screen real estate gets taken up by
various windows and toolbars. Often, when editing a single file, I
wish I had more room on the screen for the text (specifically, more
vertical lines displayed at once).

I see that in Geany, under the View menu, I can toggle the following:

* message window
* toolbar

and in Edit --> Prefs --> Interface tab:

* Misc section, I can toggle the statusbar on and off.
* Tab placement, I can shut off editor tabs.

Now, what would be darn cool is if there were a menu item under View
(critical: and a key combo to go with it) to allow me to toggle all
four of those off in one fell swoop. I need the message window,
toolbar, statusbar, and editor tabs -- just not all the time.

BTW, I see that F11 maximizes the Geany window, but that feature's not
useful to me. I already keep the Geany window maximized vertically,
and since I can't view more than one file side-by-side, I don't have
any reason to maximize it's width (besides, I like it less than max
width so I can reach other windows with the mouse).

---John