[Geany] Re: Setting the language of Geany's interface

Dieter Ehlers D-Ehlers at xxxxx
Mon Apr 30 09:02:44 UTC 2007

Hello!

Enrico Tröger wrote on Sunday, 29 April 2007 12:02:03:

>How did you run the configure script and what was the
> output. Were there any error messages at the end of the configure
> script?

I run the configure script by typing ./configure in the extracted source
directory in console.
Here is the end of my configure script:

checking whether the force is with you... no
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking for libintl.h... (cached) yes
checking for ngettext in libc... yes
checking for dgettext in libc... yes
checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... yes
checking for msgfmt... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating tagmanager/Makefile
config.status: creating tagmanager/include/Makefile
config.status: creating scintilla/Makefile
config.status: creating scintilla/include/Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/geany.1
config.status: creating geany.spec
config.status: creating geany.desktop
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing default-1 commands
Install Geany in                   : /usr/local
Using GTK version                  : 2.10.3
Use virtual terminal support       : yes
Use (UNIX domain) socket support   : yes

Configuration is done OK.

It seems like the problem is "checking for msgfmt... no", doesn't it?
However, I fear I will never have luck with this problem because the force is
not with me as the configure script tells us ...

> Frank didn't mention that you have to run geany with the argument -d to
> get some output(see geany --help for more information).

Here is the output when opening a file:
[nut at localhost geany-0.10.2]$ geany -d
** INFO: GTK+ 2.10.3, GLib 2.12.3
** INFO: /home/nut/patch.txt : None (UTF-8)
** INFO: Quitting...

Dieter