[Geany] Re: Geany Digest, Vol 18, Issue 9

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Apr 24 18:18:41 UTC 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:18:24 +0200, François Cami <fcami at winsoft.fr>
wrote:

Hi,

> > What I could see maybe being useful would be to add these checkboxes
> > to the "Save As" dialog:
> >
> > [_] Open saved-as file in new tab
> > [_] Reload original file
> >
> > (where the 2nd one only becomes active if the first one is checked).
>
> Nice, but I do not think that reverting to saved state is the idea
> there.
Well, I don't want to add a "Save copy as" menu item. I agree with John
that it is in most cases sufficient to do a cp on the command line or
use a file browser. But that's only my opinion ;-).
Anyway, adding this minor useful item to the file menu would it
probably more blow up than it is useful.
So I would rather add one check box to the Save As dialog to open the
newly saved file additionally to the original one.
I don't think we need to add the Reload original file checkbox,
probably it does more confuse than help.