[Geany] Does not recognize filetypes under Windows when written in captial letters

Damián Viano geany at xxxxx
Tue Apr 17 22:41:42 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 06:12:26PM +0200, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:55:55 +0300, Yura Semashko <yurand2 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > It matter for gcc:
> > .C is c++ extencion
> > .c is c
> >
> > Here is is two patches that solve the problem:
> > 1) ignore case for filetype detection (use lowercase)
> > 2) just add .PAS to pascal extencions
> >
> > Second patch don't make things worse anyway, so it is save to apply.
> Thanks Andreas and Yura.
>
> I'm not sure whether to apply the first one. And if, we should only
> lowercase the basename on Windows systems, I guess users of Unix-like
> systems won't expect that behaviour and probably get confused.
> What do you think?

	FWIW, and as a unix user, that would in fact annoy me. So I guess I
vote for windows-only lowercasing.

--
Damián Viano(Des)              ¯ ¯ - _           _ - ¯ ¯
GPG: 0x6EB95A6F                 Debian ¯-_GNU_-¯ Linux