[Geany] Geany under Windows XP oddity

Tim Tassonis timtas at xxxxx
Wed Sep 20 11:19:15 UTC 2006

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:54:50 +0200, Tim Tassonis <timtas at cubic.ch>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I encountered a strange behaviour of geany under Windows. Geany seems
>> to need Administrative Privileges under Windows, otherwise it will
>> coredump when opening a file. Has anybody else expierienced this
>> problem as well?
> Do you have a NTFS filesystem and perhaps not the sufficient read
> permissions on this file? Even in this case Geany should not crash but
> it is not tested under Windows yet(I have a FAT32 filesystem).

I do have NTFS and was thinking of permission problems, too. This is how
things went:
I had a user tit with group Administrators
I installed mingw, gtk+ and geany under this user and all worked well
I took the admin privileges off the user and geany started to crash. But
the files I tried to edit belong to the user tit.
I could edit the file with write and save it, too
I granted Administrator privilege to the user again and geany stopped to
crash.

I have removed my .geany driectory between tries and tested with the
latest svn sources as well as with a precompiled geany 0.8, with the
same results.

It might as well have to to with the gtk+ libraries. I use the ones
suggested on the geany home page.

Bye
Tim