[Geany] DDE System for Windows "Open in existing instance".

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Sep 1 15:26:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:57:42 -0300, "Alexandre Moreira"
<alexandream at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there, guys.
>
> I got caught by my curiosity, so, I HAVE to find a solution to the
> Open in existing instance problem with a DDE approach, as recommend.
> That being said, I just picked a book on Windows Programming at my
> college Library and will try to assemble a tutorial on hooking DDE &
> Gtk+ together in an application.
>
> Just posting this message because this will probably make some useful
> code for Geany (if you decide to use the DDE solution to the problem.
> Would like to be aware if you guys have any intention to use DDE code
> in Geany.win32.
If it works(on older Windows, too) and it isn't to heavy to implement,
I don't see a reason why we shouldn't do it.

I'll also try the (existing and almost running) socket code. If both
are working, we can choose which to use, yeah ;-).